If any person in the party has a disability please contact us to discuss requirements and access before booking.
- bookings can be made for exclusive use of the boat or to ensure places on scheduled trips.
- bookings can only be made for days/times when scheduled trips are running(see below) to book or enquire about days or times outside these please email your request to us
- bookings for the Wednesday evening bird watching trips please email us with dates you can make - Wednesday evenings May to end of July, 1900 till dusk.
Scheduled trips run hourly 1200 to early evening... (weather and river permitting)
- 12 March to the end of April - weekends only plus bank holidays
- May to 19 July - Wednesday through Sunday plus bank holidays
- 23 July to 2 Sept - Everyday
- 3 Sept to 30 Sept - Wednesday through Sunday
- October - weekends only
To make a booking please use the calander below, select the month from the drop down list then click the date you wish to book, you will then be taken to the booking page showing availability.
Grove Ferry River Trips will check the booking request and email or phone you back within 2 working days to finalise the booking.
Select the Date you wish to book
View Larger Map
This access statement is not a personal statement as to our suitability for those with access needs, but aims to describe the facilities and services that we offer all our guests/visitors.
The boat is boarded via a non-slip metal plate ramp which is adjusted to the height of tide, from the ramp there are 3 steps down into the boat.
If you have any queries or require any assistance please contact us.
The boat can be found by either entering the Inn front door (steps) and exiting the rear on to the decking,or via the Inn garden and on to the decking (ramp), or from the car park going to the left side of the Inn and through the gate to the rear of the Inn, this has no steps buts some paving stones that are a little uneven.
Staff will aid disabled customers where possible.
Grove Ferry River Trips and The Grove Ferry Inn are separate businesses but the Inn allows our visitors free use of its facilities which include: free car parking, toilet facilities including disabled and refreshments.
Once on the tour a commentary is given by the skipper. It is recommended that passengers with hearing difficulties sit closer to the guide. The main attraction is the scenery, so deaf passengers will still enjoy the tour.
All dogs are welcome.
Number 8 (Canterbury to Margate)
Mon-Sat: every 30 mins, Sunday: hourly
From A28, in Upstreet, take road sign posted 'Grove Ferry.' After level crossing, turn left into Grove Pantry Pub car park.
Sat Nav CT3 4BP
Nearest Station Sturry (4 miles)
Northgate Cars 01227 860460