Grove Ferry River Trips Trips Boat Details
The boat named "Ellen Mary" is a Regatta 23 electric launch, built by Salters Steamers
Boat Description and details:
- This attractive, robust day launch is made from sturdy glass fibre and is ideal for both hire, trade and private use.
- The craft has a low wash designed hull with a roof over the cockpit area.
- Side curtains with windows can be fitted as an extra for all weather protection.
- The skipper has a raised control position which gives good visibility over the passengers.
- Batteries are fitted out of site in the keel resulting in excellent stability.
- The standard model has teak deck inserts and is fitted with brass stanchions, cleats and fairleads.
- Buttoned cushions are fitted as standard.
- Length: 7.0 metres (23 ft)
- Beam: 2.01 metres (6ft 11ins)
- Draft: 0.5 metres (2ft 3ins)
- Weight: 1,500.00 kgs
- Hull Speed: 8 knotts
- Motor Type: Marinised direct drive DC series wound
- Power Rating: 2.5 kw 48 volt, maximum 60 amps
- Battery Type: Low maintenance, deep cycle
- Battery Capacity: 330 amp hours increased to 550 AHours in 2012
- Controller: MOSFET
- Charger: 30 amp, automatic
- RCD: Category D (suitable for sheltered water)
- Running time: 6 hours at cruise speed (Standard Battery Pack)
Ellen Mary was purchased in November 2009 by Grove Ferry River Trips, and was shown at the London Excel boatshow 8th Jan to 17 Jan 2010 prior to delivery to the Grove Ferry.
Ellen Mary entered service 13th March 2010 and in her first year carried almost 2000 passengers.
Oct 2012 changed 16, 6volt batteries for 24 2 volt cells increasing the Amp Hour capacity to 550 hours, thanks to Powercell now Manbat for an efficient friendly service.
Video of Ellen Mary bearthing at the pub
Due to our choice of boat, our environmental policy and aims we are proud to be able to display and support The Green Blue
'The Green Blue' – the environment programme of the BMF and RYA - promotes sustainable boating across the UK marine leisure sector. From the boat manufacturer to the marina, from sailing clubs and training centres to the boat user out on the water, we make sustainable boating easy and affordable. Through energy efficiency, waste minimisation and pollution prevention, The Green Blue works with boating organisations that are committed to reducing their impact on the environment Â– from their products and services to their day to day operations and working practices'