The boat named "Ellen Mary" is a Regatta 23 electric launch, built by Salters Steamers
Boat Description and details:
- This attractive, robust day launch is made from sturdy glass fibre and is ideal for both hire, trade and private use.
- The craft has a low wash designed hull with a roof over the cockpit area.
- Side curtains with windows can be fitted as an extra for all weather protection.
- The skipper has a raised control position which gives good visibility over the passengers.
- Batteries are fitted out of site in the keel resulting in excellent stability.
- The standard model has teak deck inserts and is fitted with brass stanchions, cleats and fairleads.
- Buttoned cushions are fitted as standard.
- Length: 7.0 metres (23 ft)
- Beam: 2.01 metres (6ft 11ins)
- Draft: 0.5 metres (2ft 3ins)
- Weight: 1,500.00 kgs
- Hull Speed: 8 knotts
- Motor Type: Marinised direct drive DC series wound
- Power Rating: 2.5 kw 48 volt, maximum 60 amps
- Battery Type: Low maintenance, deep cycle
- Battery Capacity: 330 amp hours increased to 550 AHours in 2012
- Controller: MOSFET
- Charger: 30 amp, automatic
- RCD: Category D (suitable for sheltered water)
- Running time: 6 hours at cruise speed (Standard Battery Pack)
Ellen Mary was purchased in November 2009 by Grove Ferry River Trips, and was shown at the London Excel boatshow 8th Jan to 17 Jan 2010 prior to delivery to the Grove Ferry.
Ellen Mary entered service 13th March 2010 and in her first year carried almost 2000 passengers.
Oct 2012 changed 16, 6volt batteries for 24 2 volt cells increasing the Amp Hour capacity to 550 hours, thanks to Powercell for an efficient friendly service.
Due to our choice of boat, our environmental policy and aims we are proud to be able to display and support The Green Blue
'The Green Blue the environment programme of the BMF and RYA - promotes sustainable boating across the UK marine leisure sector. From the boat manufacturer to the marina, from sailing clubs and training centres to the boat user out on the water, we make sustainable boating easy and affordable. Through energy efficiency, waste minimisation and pollution prevention, The Green Blue works with boating organisations that are committed to reducing their impact on the environment from their products and services to their day to day operations and working practices'
View Larger Map
This access statement is not a personal statement as to our suitability for those with access needs, but aims to describe the facilities and services that we offer all our guests/visitors.
The boat is boarded via a non-slip metal plate ramp which is adjusted to the height of tide, from the ramp there are 3 steps down into the boat.
If you have any queries or require any assistance please contact us.
The boat can be found by either entering the Inn front door (steps) and exiting the rear on to the decking,or via the Inn garden and on to the decking (ramp), or from the car park going to the left side of the Inn and through the gate to the rear of the Inn, this has no steps buts some paving stones that are a little uneven.
Staff will aid disabled customers where possible.
Grove Ferry River Trips and The Grove Ferry Inn are separate businesses but the Inn allows our visitors free use of its facilities which include: free car parking, toilet facilities including disabled and refreshments.
Once on the tour a commentary is given by the skipper. It is recommended that passengers with hearing difficulties sit closer to the guide. The main attraction is the scenery, so deaf passengers will still enjoy the tour.
All dogs are welcome.
Number 8 (Canterbury to Margate)
Mon-Sat: every 30 mins, Sunday: hourly
From A28, in Upstreet, take road sign posted 'Grove Ferry.' After level crossing, turn left into Grove Pantry Pub car park.
Sat Nav CT3 4BP
Nearest Station Sturry (4 miles)
Northgate Cars 01227 860460